The population development of Sunderland as well as related information and services (Wikipedia, Google, images).
|North East England||Region||2,515,442||2,596,886||2,669,941|
Source: UK Office for National Statistics (web).
Explanation: Parishes as at December 2019. All population and corresponding area figures of parishes are based on assigning output areas by using population-weighted centroids. Thus, slight discrepancies are possible compared to the actual parish boundaries that are depicted in the map. No population figures (and the actual area) are provided for parishes smaller than output areas.
Further information about the population structure:
|Gender (E 2019)|
|Age Groups (E 2019)|
|Age Distribution (E 2019)|
|Passport (C 2011)|
|Republic of Ireland||478|
|Country of Birth (C 2011)|
|Republic of Ireland||475|
|Ethnic Group (C 2011)|
|Other ethnic group||533|
|Religion (C 2011)|
- Fence Houses built-up area subdivision
- Gateshead built-up area subdivision
- Hetton-le-Hole built-up area subdivision
- Houghton-Le-Spring built-up area subdivision
- Springwell built-up area subdivision
- Sunderland built-up area subdivision
- Washington built-up area subdivision